Monday, June 6, 2011

Donde Esta El Tiempo??

Wow...where is time going? It's already been more than a month since I finished my first year of college! I miss school so much :( Summer is too long! I need to learn something, quick! haha! So far, I'm really liking my job. At first, I had a difficult time getting used to working 40 hours a week! I've never worked so much in my life (well, maybe in school haha!) But now that I've adjusted, I like it. The environment is great! I laugh many times throughout the day with my supervisor Karen, who is like my work mom haha and with all of the counselors! I think it's starting to consume me though, I even have dreams about the phone ringing hahaha! But it's okay! All to help me not be in debt for as long :) lol!

In other news, I went to a dinner for younglife leaders that were in town last night! It was just a few of us but it was great to have fellowship again and be connected through this ministry! Something that was brought up though that has been kind of a tough subject...camp. Our head leader told my two friends next to me they'd be going to camp. Kind of felt like a slap in the face. I had let it go a few months ago when I found out there weren't enough kids for all the leaders to go. But after more kids signed up and I'm still not even a consideration, it just flat out hurts. I've been through so much emotional stuff with younglife this year and I have worked sososo hard to build up relationships and maintain old ones that I feel very deserving of the opportunity to help witness further to these kids, not for my own glory, but for God's! I just...uh I don't know. I'm going to talk to our head leader on Wednesday about it, if not to get to have this opportunity to at least express my sadness and confusion in the decision.

Finally, excitement!!! Minnesota in almost one week! Oh my goodness I am so excited to be home, see family, and introduce Josh to everyone! It will be so great!

That's all for now!

-Kaylee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment