About Me

My photo
Hi y'all! My name is Kaylee! I am a twenty-something-year old midwestern girl by birth, southerner at heart, and life-long traveler! I am a follower of Jesus, wife of Joshua, avid reader, lover of baking & cooking, constant smiler, and pursuer of adventures in all shapes & sizes!

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Prodigal Daughter

One of my favorite parables in the Bible comes from Luke and is titled The Prodigal Son. To summarize, it's a story about a son who runs away from his home simply because he wants to. The father's heart breaks and yearns for his son, but he knows that someday his son will return. One day, the father knows that the day has come--his son is coming home to him. He runs out to the field and meets his son, who is now poor and dirty, with open arms. The father orders a feast to be made for the return of his son who chose to leave his home. The son doesn't understand why his dad is so forgiving...but he just IS. If you didn't catch it, the father in this story is God and we are the son. I have been feeling like this prodigal son for a while now. I have felt space between myself and God, knowing it was me and not Him. Knowing that my God is jealous for me and wants an intimate relationship with me. I continued to be distracted by pointless and earthly things, letting the days pass by without even a glance towards my Bible. Not even a thought to where the day came from! For who blessed the day! This is not me or who God created me to be! I am here for a purpose, and that purpose is to worship my God, my KING! He deserves all of the praise and honor, not a mere thought when I "have the time".

During chapel this morning, the speaker said something that really got me teary-eyed: Like a child and a father, God waits for us to curl up into His arms. We might say, "I've missed You Father", and in response He would say, "But I've been here all along." No matter what you do or don't do, God is ALWAYS there, just like the father in the story of the Prodigal Son. He is waiting for you to turn back to Him and for you to make Him the center of your life, and not just another thing to check off your to-do list. After spending two hours in the prayer chapel tonight, I'm feeling so much closer already. I curled up into my Father's arms tonight and did something I haven't done in a while--I gave Him ALL of my time and attention for however long necessary. God is the groom, and we are the bride. We are supposed to have an intimate relationship with Him. I know I'll have many more times where I'll forget this and go astray, but at the end of the day, I know He'll be waiting with arms wide open, ready to embrace me and tell me He's been there all along waiting for me to come home.

Thank you Father for your UNCONDITIONAL love! There is no love like Your love! Nothing on Earth even comes close! Help me to yearn for You like You yearn for me! Set a thirst in my soul that only you can quench Lord! I long to know You and give You all of the praise You are worthy of! Thank You for being jealous for me and pursuing me even when I don't pursue You. I love You soooo much!

With Love,
Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment