Friday, October 7, 2011

Home...

Home is where the heart is...so I have two homes.

  1. Minnesota
  2. California
I'm having a hard time. Being home feels amazing. I have been so incredibly homesick and I truly forgot how wonderful Minnesota is. This will always be my home. Everything is beautiful, everyone is nice, and it's familiar

California on the other hand is home because all my friends are there, Josh is there, and APU is there. I love APU so much and couldn't feel more blessed to be attending such an amazing Christ-centered school! But I cannot explain how difficult it will be to get on the plane Sunday night, knowing I won't be back here for two more months.

I miss my family and the familiarity. I miss the nice people everywhere. I miss the simplicity. I miss being able to drive 15 minutes and being in farmland or going the other way and being in Minneapolis. California has its "advantages", but I didn't realize how often I block out how lonely it can make me feel sometimes.

I know when it comes time to graduate, I will have some tough decisions to make about my future and where I'll be, but for now, I'm content having two homes to come back to with people who love me and care about me.

For now, I'll continue to enjoy my weekend home and cherish the time I do get to spend with family in the place that will always be my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment