Sunday, November 6, 2011

For The Bible Tells Me So

I grew up in a home where Fox news was constantly on, but where the channel would often be changed to CNN to compare how the more liberal side of the media projected things. This is something I've always appreciated because it's helped me to be observant of how far passionate left-sided people will go to avoid certain issues, as I'm rediscovering with a documentary I'm currently watching on Netflix called, "So the Bible Tells Me So." I wanted to watch this documentary because it was in the "critically acclaimed" section and I was curious as to how a liberal film maker would portray Christians regarding the topic of homosexuality.

Not surprising at all, the documentary makes Christians look crazy and insensitive. They also take the pieces of scripture where homosexuality is discussed and change the context to fit what is "politically correct" and to help it fit what they find "convenient" for their own lives.

They talk about how all of these organizations say homosexuality is genetic and can't be "fixed" and that there's no scientific evidence to prove otherwise...well there's no scientific evidence to prove that atoms formed form a pile of mud when the temperature was just right and that from there we grew to be animals and then humans. THERE ISN'T SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FOR EVERYTHING BECAUSE GOD ISN'T SCIENTIFIC!!! That's why it's called faith!

A final thing they discuss is how those who oppose homosexuality are afraid of gay people, and even go as far as comparing it to Hitler and his hatred of the Jews. Wow...seriously? It then blames the church for creating an environment in which gays are looked down upon...um helloooo...it's talking about what God says is WRONG. God also says it's wrong to get drunk, have sex before marriage, or cheat on your spouse. What about the people who commit those crimes? Wouldn't they also say the church is creating an unhealthy environment for these people too? It's only an "unhealthy environment" because they feel guilt for what they're doing! All sin is SIN, and you should feel bad about sinning! But then you can accept you messed up and receive forgiveness because Jesus died for that! There is grace and mercy for everyone!

"Just because it's written in the Bible doesn't mean that's how we do it today." One of the closing lines from a practicing rabbi...this video just acts as a reminder of how messed up our world is. I have to keep repeating Romans 12:2 over and over and over again.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve God's will--His good, pleasing, and perfect will!"

Thank you God for Your word that speaks truth. I pray that You'd give me humility and understanding in difficult matters like this. I ask that You'd pour Your love and kindness into me daily so I could love on everyone in this world that has conformed and has lost their way, and to those who haven't. I ask that You'd give me mercy and You'd show Your grace. The state of our world brings me to tears Lord, I can only imagine how it breaks YOUR heart. I know I'm also guilty of twisting what you say to make it fit into my own lifestyle choices, and I'm so sorry for the times that I did that. I thank You for showing me the errors in that and for showing me what You say is truth and should be followed. I ask that You reveal Yourself and Your holiness to people that need to hear the truth. I thank You for Your love and grace Father. In Your precious name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment