Saturday, November 5, 2011

Listening to "Marry Me" makes any girl's mind wander...

"You wear white and I'll wear out the words 'I love you' and 'you're beautiful'...the wait is over."

Tonight was one of those nights I was thinking about how lucky I am to have Josh. No, not lucky, it wasn't luck that brought him into my life. It was God. So now I rephrase and say how BLESSED I am to have Josh. Not in a needy/desperate way! I've never felt like I needed a guy to make me happy or feel good about myself. But Josh, he's the real deal. He's it. Just thinking about the almost TEN months we've shared together makes me emotional (what doesn't make me emotional...? haha!). I feel like it's been so much longer than that because I know all of him and he knows all of me, but I also can't believe it's almost been a year that has passed! Where does time go?

Anyways, just reflecting on the love that fills my heart from such a wonderful man, the laughter and joy he brings into my life, the comfort he helps me find through his wise words from experience and from encouraging me to turn to God, the reminder he is that obedience and trust in God is the most important thing and that God is just and faithful to those who trust in Him...so many things I've learned from Josh. I can't believe how blessed I am. Looking at the lyrics for the song at the top, I laugh. Almost a year ago, a friend jokingly asked if I thought I'd marry Josh. I laughed it off, simply because I already felt at that point that he was the one that God had placed into my life to be my lifelong friend, lifelong encourager in my faith, and lifelong love...but I was too afraid to let myself fall that easily, or admit that I had already fallen. I didn't know what the future held then, and I still don't with 100% certainty--only God does. But I trust that all things work together for His good.

To close, I want to quote a recent chapel speaker who asked us, "how will your marriage help God's kingdom?" I love this quote and remind myself of it every time I think about the future with Josh and wherever that may be...this question from the speaker at chapel is the most important thing you can ask as a couple before making such a decision. HIS kingdom come, HIS will be done...however He may choose to do that to best further His kingdom is the way it should be done :)

It is longggg past my bedtime! Sweet dreams!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment