Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trusting in the Lord!

I'm so excited it's November! Where do the days go?! I'm almost halfway done with my sophomore year! Wow! A year ago, I had it all figured out--or so I thought. I've always been a planner, but now God is saying, "You have to trust ME!" So as confused as I am about my future now and what I will choose to study, I'm excited about this opportunity to trust in God with all I've got! What a loving God I have that He would pick the biggest barrier I have (planner, future-looking) and take it away to force me to depend on Him. I've been praying about this barrier for a longgg time because I know it can put a gap between God & I. Now there is no gap! Gotta love faith :)





I'm currently listening to the sound of the wind blowing through the trees and feel at ease...I'm pretending they're not palm trees so I don't feel like I'm on vacation haha. It's funny the simple things I took for granted at home...the things I now find such beauty in and would do anything for. I couldn't wait to leave Minnesota and now I can't wait to leave California.



It can be very difficult for me to see the beauty in California. It's so ironic because people choose this as a vacation destination--now I see it as dirty, over-populated, not so friendly people, and everything over-priced. Last week I kept looking at schools near my home that I could try and transfer to junior year. I miss everything about it sooooo much. Jamie says that comes in waves, but I feel like this is either an extremely large wave or a brick wall I'll have to get used to. I love APU so much and am so grateful to be here, but it doesn't feel right most of the time. The midwest will always be home. I desperately hope that it's where I'll end up. For now, I'll finish school at APU and see where God leads me after that.



Life is such an adventure, every day a precious precious gift. As lonely as I might feel living here sometimes, I have to remember how truly blessed I am and how people have much worse things to worry about--like being persecuted for their faith or starving to death. The blessings God has given me are abundant and overflowing! These thoughts are the ones that keep me positive. God is my light in the darkness, my sustainer, my provider. For that, I will remain grateful. For that, I will look to my God for comfort and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment