Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Life Is Precious

It can be so easy to take life for granted. So often I feel invincible, like nothing could ever happen to me. Last night, I was reminded again of the fragility of human life. A girl that was a year younger than me from my high school and three of her roommates from other twin cities suburbs died in a car accident on their way back to school yesterday. They were all beautiful girls with huge futures before them--they had hopes and dreams. They will never get to graduate college, be in the "real world", get married, have families, or experience the beauty of growing old. My heart is breaking for their close friends and families. My community back home (Minnetonka, MN) has had so much hurt after hurt. I can't recall a year where a young person in our community hasn't died. It is so tragic and my heart is grieving for another loss. It is so easy to take for granted each day we are given--but we must be reminded that each day is a gift. We are not guaranteed tomorrow and we are not invincible. I ask that you lift up a prayer for these girls and those who loved them today, and be reminded of how truly precious life is. Live today with no regrets, live today like it may be your last day. Here is the article/video if you would like to get more information or see the faces you are praying for.

Blessings,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment