About Me

My photo
Hi y'all! My name is Kaylee! I am a twenty-something-year old midwestern girl by birth, southerner at heart, and life-long traveler! I am a follower of Jesus, wife of Joshua, avid reader, lover of baking & cooking, constant smiler, and pursuer of adventures in all shapes & sizes!

Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm Engaged!!!

So it's been a while since I've written anything...but obviously a lot has happened in the past couple of weeks! Let me recap :)

I got back to California on August 8th and spent a week at Josh's house. We had so much fun doing things like swimming, paddleboarding in Newport, and going to an Angels game in Anaheim (my first one!). 


My mom and sister flew into California the following Thursday (the 16th) and then the four of us drove to San Clemente to stay in a hotel near where my cousin's wedding would be on Saturday (the 18th). My whole extended family came out for my cousin Kellie's wedding so it was going to be a lot of fun. On Saturday the 18th, we headed to Dana Point for the wedding!

^^The ceremony was at a park overlooking the ocean! So beautiful! 

After the ceremony, we headed to the reception site at Dana Point Harbor (well, we actually stopped for tacos first because we wouldn't be eating for a few hours haha). When we got to the reception site, everyone was hot and sweating (no air conditioning!) but it was still fun. After a few hours, we ate dinner. Shortly after, a girl next to us started smoking. Josh has asthma that gets bothered easily by smoke so I right away asked, "Should we move? I have to pee anyways." Haha very attractive. So Josh, my mom, and I headed towards the bathroom. My mom and I went in while Josh waited outside watching her purse and expensive camera; I thought nothing of it. As I came out, Josh asked if I wanted to go for a walk. I said yes, mostly because it was cooler outside haha but also because we hadn't had much alone time. As we started walking along the harbor looking out at the ocean, Josh started telling me all the things he loved about me. I honestly was still not skeptical at all because he tells me things like that often :) We continued to walk when he veered off to a little grassy area. Thennn I grew suspicious and my heart started to beat faster. He told me he wanted to continue to find more things he loved about me and wanted to love me for the rest of his life (or something along those lines...my heart was beating so fast that I don't remember exactly what was said haha!) Of course I said yes, but I was still in shock. I looked over and there was my mom with her camera, crying! 

^^sneaky mom! haha she got this photo!

We went over to her and hugged her and she walked back to the reception to give us a few minutes to ourselves. It was then that I started crying and couldn't stop! Haha! We went back to the reception and I went straight to my sister and whispered in her ear and she was so happy! We then told my whole extended family (my aunt went up to my cousin who was the DJ, who then announced our engagement to the whole reception!) It was so crazy and such a whirlwind (sidenote: my cousin is not the type of person who would be upset at someone getting engaged at her wedding; she is all about love and that energy!) We then called my dad and step mom and my best friend to share the news! It's finally feeling real and not just like a dream :)

My beautiful ring! This picture doesn't do it justice! The center pops and the whole ring sparkles! It's quite distracting ;)

My best friend baked me cupcakes...so silly!

^^stole this idea from pinterest!


It will be so fun to see how the planning plays out. I have always loved weddings and looked at wedding stuff constantly, but now actually planning it is very different haha! I will keep you posted on what plans we make! :)

Love,

K


No comments:

Post a Comment