Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Purple Turtle

Thank you if you've been praying for me! If you read my last post, you know I've been having some difficulties being in the "second stage" of studying abroad haha but I definitely felt such a peace and acceptance yesterday, that I knew someone had been praying! I had too, but I just felt it! It made me smile as I was on the bus and appreciated all the different people that were there as well :) So thank you thank you!

If you saw on facebook yesterday, it was my two year anniversary with Josh! It feels like it's been so much longer--in a good way haha! It's so exciting to think that at the end of the year we will be MARRIED! Wooooo! :) So that was something on my mind a lot yesterday! We both are really thankful that we're so busy with school and what not because if not, this would be so much harder! It would be so easy to dwell on the fact that we won't see each other until the end of April, but thankfully that thought only pops up for a spare second from time to time when we have time to have spare thoughts haha!

At the moment, I'm preparing for my first tutorial! My paper was finished on Tuesday (I'm shocked I did something so early haha!) so I've just been casually editing it. I'm a little nervous since orientation changed my thought process with writing (since they pretty much told us what we'd learned was not very academic, which I agree with!) so I've been second-guessing my writing. It will be nice to get some feedback from my tutor and learn from him!

This weekend, my friends and I are going to Stratford-Upon-Avon, the town Shakespeare is from! Since Shakespeare is my primary tutorial, it's fitting :) It will be neat to soak in that history! We had booked a last minute trip to Venice (yes, in Italy!), from groupon and were so excited, but then we received news from the company that they overbooked :( But I will gladly take a day trip to Stratford!

Last night, two of my friends and I went out! I was really excited because at home, I haven't "been out" since turning 21. Sure, I ordered a margarita from Chili's, but I haven't had the chance to check out the scene because none of my friends are 21 and Josh and I usually prefer to relax at home (and I love cooking for him!) so it's not something I felt like I needed to do. But last night, we went to a tavern and had a drink and then after discovering that this place was NOT where the young people hung out, we asked the bartender and he laughed and confirmed our discovery, telling us where the young people hung out was in a "dodgy looking alley at a place called The Purple Turtle." So we went! Haha there weren't a lot of people there, we assumed it was because it was Wednesday night, but we discovered that wasn't the case. As we were leaving at 11:30, we saw how packed it had gotten! Apparently it's not cool to go somewhere at 10 haha! Oh well! We had fun chatting and finding one of the "young places" ha!

Well, I better read over my paper once more and get some food! I will update after my tutorial! Have a wonderful day!

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment