Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wedding Plans!

I skyped my dad and Ann for the first time since being here on Sunday! It was great to catch up and share stories! But as I was talking with them, questions about wedding plans came up, which reminded me that I'm getting married in 10 months and 9 days!!! Haha! I mean I'm able to talk to Josh throughout the day thanks to imessage on my ipod, and we're very good about skyping, but I've kind of put planning on the back burner because the wedding just feels so far away!

However, looking at a "timeline" for when the average person books things started to get me concerned. Apparently, I'm supposed to book a photographer, florist, DJ, and caterer by 9 months out. Maybe this sounds way too early to most people, but when you contact certain vendors to inquire about pricing and find out that a lot of them are already booked, you realize that some brides take such "deadlines" very seriously! Thus, I've gotten more into wedding planning and I'm having lots of fun :)

My mom and Jamie are being wonderful and addressing/sending out my save the dates sometime in the next two weeks. I've taken up my cousin (who is an awesome DJ!) on her offer to DJ our wedding, and I'm in the process of chatting with a photographer I really like about specific details. And most importantly (lets be real, food is priority), Josh has gotten in touch with Mainstreet Overeasy (the best breakfast you will over have), to try and see if they would consider catering a wedding (something they've never done before). I'm copying Aaron and Cassie's reception a little bit because like them, Josh and I love breakfast and even more than that, COFFEE! So I feel like stuff is coming together, even if I'm half a world away and not able to make any phone calls! I have wonderful and supportive family/friends who are so helpful and I am so very grateful for them! :)

In the meantime, I'll show you a few things I really like/imagine, but not too many details hehe:

Snow makes everything more beautiful!

Breakfast :)

:)


So pretty!

Love this!
Coffee/cocoa bar for ceremony :)
Of course Riley will need to dress up :)

I can't wait to see how it all comes together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment