About Me

My photo
Hi y'all! My name is Kaylee! I am a twenty-something-year old midwestern girl by birth, southerner at heart, and life-long traveler! I am a follower of Jesus, wife of Joshua, avid reader, lover of baking & cooking, constant smiler, and pursuer of adventures in all shapes & sizes!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Holy Cow!

Wow, can anyone else not believe it's already August?! This summer has absolutely just flown by!

It's actually really bittersweet for me.

I have been living here in Florida with my brother and his wife, nannying their precious new baby since April 28th. Luke is already 5 months old and I cannot believe how much I love him. I leave to head back to California in 19 days. I am SO excited to be back for good and to never have to be away from my man again, but I will miss this precious baby's face so much. I have been incredibly spoiled by getting to watch him grow these past few months, kissing his chubby cheeks all the time, and just learning about how to be a good future mama. This has been one of the best summers of my life, despite missing Josh like crazy. I have learned so much about myself and my goals in life. I am so thankful that the military life will be bringing my brother and his wife to Northern California for 8 months this year. This means my little Lukey will only be a five hour drive away! :) It will be so hard to say goodbye in 19 days still, but I am so ready to be back with my love!

I have been slacking blogging this summer because of watching Luke full-time and attempting to do summer classes online! It has definitely been a handful haha! Last month, I got to escape to California for a few days to watch our dear friends get married in Dana Point. The wedding was overlooking the ocean and it was just so beautiful! It was so special to be there for their big day. The wedding definitely felt even more special for us, as we kept realizing the next time we'd be at a wedding together would be for our own wedding in a few months! It gave me goosebumps even more so than usual haha! Anyways, we had so much fun dancing and enjoying time with friends!

Cassie sent out my bridal shower invitations yesterday, which means it's really all coming together!! My bridal shower is going to be on October 5th and I am so excited to celebrate with my favorite girls! I can't believe we're almost 4 months from the big day! :)

In other news, I'm also really excited about Jamie and Nicole's teacher link-up! This link-up they put together matches up two teachers/future teachers to support one another! I am so excited and can't wait to see who I'm matched up with! If you are a teacher or future teacher, get over to their blogs and sign up quick! :) I'm graduating in December and hope to start teaching ASAP anywhere. But as California isn't the easiest place to find a private school job, I'm probably going to have to get my credential first. Nevertheless, I'm so excited to be getting closer to the job I've always wanted!

I hope y'all have a great night!

Love,
Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment